Monday, December 24, 2012

Bittersweet

“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.”
Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet

If I could pick one word to describe the last twelve days, it would be bittersweet. Sweet that we got to spend 9 days with our precious daughter, holding and loving on her every second we could. And bitter because she was taken from us all too soon {in our opinion}, after she wasn't able to breathe on her own. There are a lot of emotions we are feeling, but mostly I feel sad. Oh what I wouldn't give to hold her in our arms again and see those beautiful brown eyes looking up at me...

Please bear with us as we grieve & process what this new future looks like and if you're the praying type, send one up for us & our families.

5 comments:

  1. Praying, praying, praying. There are no other words. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart breaks for you and your gorgeous family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge hugs across the Internet to you all. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you! Love & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meaghan! I saw your pictures on Instagram and had no idea what your precious family was facing when Charlotte was born. I AM most definitely the praying type and will be lifting you and your husband up as you remember your precious daughter. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete