Friday, October 19, 2012

Book Club - Diary of a Submissive #BHBC



Earlier this year, a few friends {& blogs} recommended the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy and I will admit, I couldn’t put them down.  Now for those who know even a little about these books know they aren’t very appropriate, but while reading, I found myself skimming over those provocative parts and focusing on the character relationships more than the actions going on.  So when the BlogHer Book Club announced their next book, Diary of aSubmissive by Sophie Morgan, as a “real Fifty Shades of Grey”, I thought I'd give it chance.

If I thought I blushed a bit during Fifty Shades of Grey, then I must have been a permanent shade of red through Diary of a Submissive.  It’s not that I didn’t know what I was getting myself into, but the difference between Diary of a Submissive and Fifty Shades of Grey was most definitely the “real” portrayal of this alternate lifestyle.  Where I enjoyed reading about the development of the characters in Fifty Shades of Grey, I found that the real-life account in Diary of a Submissive was less of a fairy tale, which was hard to read at times, to be honest.

To read more about Diary of a Submissive, check out BlogHer’s Book Club page.  I’m interested to see what the discussions for this book will end up like.

While I was compensated for this BlogHer Book Club review, all opinions expressed above are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment