Thursday, March 12, 2009

Secret (Free) Surprises

You know all of those promotional coupons you get in the mail? I probably recieve them from 2 or 3 different stores per week. Some are lame, but others make me go, "oh I neeeed that", when really I don't. This shopping ban has really made me reconsider purchases before I make them. For instance, I don't just go to Target to "see what's on clearance". And it feels good to walk away empty handed (sometimes =)) . But this week was a little different.

First, I stopped by Victoria's Secret to get my free pair of underwear. I LOVE this promotion. Enough said. It's nice to get a free pair of cotton underwears for free every few months. What a great idea. And I keep coming back for more.

Secondly, I went to Macy's because I had recieved a Secret Shopper's Gift Card that was good for $10, $20, $50, $100, or even $500. The catch was you didn't know the amount until you went to a store and had them scan it for you. Well to my surprise, I was the lucky recipient of a free $50 gift card! Whoa! I love free money! And what do you know... I spent it all right away. (Hey, no shopping can hurt a girl, plus it was FREE MONEY!) I bought a Cake & Cupcake Travel Carrier (with regular & mini cupcake baking pans included) and those A-Z Cookie Cutters I blogged about a few weeks ago. My total (with coupons) came to $50.98 and after my $50 FREE gift card, I only spent $0.98 - SO COOL! Now I can't wait to bake up some delicious treats to take somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. So great!!!
    Momma D. Pray for us as we decide on a Camry ewe looked at tonight! I still have not bought anything but maybe I will buy a car. Phil said that he could buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go with all the free purchases!!! Very resourceful of you. The cake carrier sounds really great. And alphabet cutters so like a lot of fun for one of those days when you have time to experiment!

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete