Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Cleaning & No Trip to Bend

The trip to Bend was canceled this morning when I woke up to find a "snow advisory from Saturday morning until Sunday evening". I didn't think it would be safe to travel without proper fitting chains or my snow tires on, so no trip to Bend. =(


Instead, a little Spring cleaning was in order for Sam & I. Last night he took on cleaning the kitchen -- basically he took everything off our counters and scrubbed every inch of them, as well as the sink & the top of the stove. He also cleaned our Kitchen Aid Mixer, the multiple canisters we have & various other things that take up space in our kitchen. I told him how thankful I was that he took on that project since the kitchen seems to overwhelm me when it comes to cleaning... ahh, just thinking about it makes me nervous. Good thing it's clean!
This morning, we woke up & got right to cleaning (after checking the weather & canceling my trip) . We took everything out the kitchen that we could and scrubbed the floors. Then we moved everything from the living room & vacuumed the carpets. We also changed some light bulbs and got our grocery shopping done. And all before noon!

Now we're spending the afternoon doing nothing and enjoying each others company. Hope you have a good weekend!

P.S. Mom -- Sorry we couldn't hang out this weekend. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment