Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Where have I been?

Good question... and the easy answer is lazy. I knew my mom (possibly one of only few readers I've got) would want to hear about my sleepover with Kelly and see the picture she requested, but I just haven't been able to get myself to post. Maybe it's because Sunday & Monday brought snow flurries (that didn't stick) and crummy weather. Maybe it's because I get home and all I want to do is absolutely nothing, and so that's what I do (but tonight, I need to get some things done!). Who knows the reasons, but now I'm posting (yay!) , so enjoy!

Friday night with Kelly was excellent & much needed. We met at her sister's house and then headed over to McMenamin's Kennedy School to watch a movie & grab a bite to eat. We saw "Rachel Getting Married" and it was really good. I hadn't heard anything about this, but I really liked it. Following the movie, we headed back to Kelly's sister's house and had some tea and did what we do best - talk! We got to bed a little after 11pm and then woke up to talk some more. Overall a great time had by all! =)

Saturday was spent cleaning & doing errands around the house. Sam's brother Matt came up from Eugene for some pizza & games. A pretty low key day/night.

Sunday wasn't much different. We basically laid around & watched the Harry Potter Marathon on TV.

The work week hasn't been much different. We've come home and just wanted to relax. Sam's parent's were in California over the weekend and made a stop at our place on their way home on Monday night. Other than work, we've just been trying to catch up on sleep after losing an hour over the weekend. I think it's just an excuse to go to sleep earlier.

Tonight (Wednesday), we made dinner and took the pups for a walk because the sun was shining (a beautiful thing after snow flurries on Sunday & Monday) . We stopped by the Weather's to say hello & see Kristi's new curtains made by her & her mother-in-law. They look great! After the walk, I tried out a recipe that I wanted to make this upcoming weekend for Sam's family March birthday party. According to Sam, they turned out good, so I'll share on Sunday when I make them for reals.


I also got started on a project for my good friend Michelle's baby shower. I want it to be a little bit of a surprise, but here's a sneak peak (above). I'm helping Michelle (from afar) with a few little items like favors and it's fun, especially because she & our friend Kaity threw an awesome wedding shower for me almost a year ago.

Hope I'm better about keeping up with things for the rest of the week. We're going out with our friends, Tim & Vanessa on Friday night and then heading to Sandy for the day on Sunday. We don't always have this much going on, but being busy means we've got blog topics, woo!

1 comment:

  1. Now my curiosity is perked!!!! A sneak peak? That's it? Well, I don't know exactly what it is, but it looks cute. I really, really, really hope that the weather will be good and cooperate this weekend! I would love to have you here, but I totally understand.
    Thanks again soooooooo much - for everything!!!! You are the best.

    Much Love!

    ReplyDelete