Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Favorites - Jonathan David Photography

As an avid and daily blog reader, I have quite the collection of starred posts in my Google Reader that fit into one of two categories: 1. they either speak to me or 2. they are make me want to {try to} DIY or 3. they introduce me to a new product.  Sometimes I go back at reread these posts and other times I just forget I’ve starred them at all.  So instead of letting them pile up in my Google Reader, I thought it’d be best to share some of my favorites with my readers, especially since I know how much I enjoy being introduced to new {to me} blogs that peak my interest and keep me coming back for more.

Ever since I can remember, pictures have held an important place in my life.  When I was younger, my walls were covered in pictures of friends and family.  Then when it came to what areas to spend our money on when we got married, photography was something that I was willing to splurge on to get something that will help us remember that day for years to come.  Unfortunately, taking pictures has become more obsolete over the last couple years {unless you count your iPhone pictures}, so I have tried my best to get at least one set of annual pictures of Sam + I to remember where we're through different life stages.  And our unofficial photographers seem to continue to be the husband-wife duo that make up Jonathan David Photography.


You might recall me writing about them last year when they took our pictures with Sam's side of the family, but our love for these two have not gone away one bit.  And they have knocked it out of the park once again with our maternity shoot.  To see what I'm talking about, head over to their blog now!

In a time when I know a lot people who are doing photo shoots, some remain at the top of my lists of favorites and that's where Jon & Rachel currently reside.  Not only do I appreciate their attention to details, but I love that whenever we get together with them, we pick up just like old friends.  Plus, they have pulled out some of our best, most genuine smiles throughout the years, and for that I'm so grateful!  And with Sam working on his own photography business, they have been not only been supportive, but willing to give him tips they have learned over the years.

Some of our past photo shoots:
Us + the pups
The Grable Family


Do you try new photographers each year or do you like to go back to the same one year after year?

No comments:

Post a Comment