Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Favorites - I Love You More Than Carrots

As an avid and daily blog reader, I have quite the collection of starred posts in my Google Reader that fit into one of two categories: 1. they either speak to me or 2. they are make me want to {try to} DIY or 3. they introduce me to a new product.  Sometimes I go back at reread these posts and other times I just forget I’ve starred them at all.  So instead of letting them pile up in my Google Reader, I thought it’d be best to share some of my favorites with my readers, especially since I know how much I enjoy being introduced to new {to me} blogs that peak my interest and keep me coming back for more.


If you took a look through my Google Reader, I believe that you'd find that at least 50% of the blogs I read are "mommy bloggers" or mom's who blog about the ups & downs of parenthood through their eyes.  And while, I've only just begun to wrap my head around my upcoming role as a mother to someone, I have starred a number of posts throughout the years from these type of bloggers, in hope that their advice will aide me some day.




One of these blogs that has recently caught my eye is I Love You More Than Carrots, written by AP, a mom of two little boys who shares life's little moments in a honest and hilarious way.  Sometime in the last year, I was directed over to ILYMTC through a couple other blogs and, as usual, found myself diving into her archives to read more of her posts that I've missed over the years {this happens with almost any blog I start following}.

As someone who has no idea what life is going to look like in a month, I appreciate the reassurance that life isn't always "perfect", but that other moms are facing struggles and living through it to tell about it.  And that's one of the main reasons I look forward to AP's posts because even if I'm not going to through it at the time, it's nice to know that someone has possibly navigated through it in the past.

So if you like honest and funny stories about being a mom and juggling life, check out ILYMTC and fall in love with AP & her adorable family!

A few of my favorite {recent} posts include:
Flying By The Seat Of Our Pants And Telling Our Own Stories
You Worry Too Much
On Blogging, Judgement, The Un-Blogger And Why I Blog


Any mommy/family blogs you'd recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment