Saturday, October 10, 2015

Loving Through Loss: Day 10

ENCOURAGEMENT

photo taken by Sam Grable

Before experiencing the loss of a child, the closest I'd ever been to death was a distant grandparent, family friend, or a pet. And while those were difficult, I quickly realized that each loss is just that... equally a loss.

Unfortunately, not everyone will feel this way. But for me, I found that NOT ranking losses brought me more contentment than thinking mine was worse than anyone else's. Sure, we were sad & heartbroken, but so was anyone else who had lost a loved one, be it a child or a parent or even a pet. Without specific context, one might feel like their loss is the worst and that may be true... for them. I encourage everyone to take a step back from their feelings or experiences before trying to compare one loss to another.


31 days: Loving Through Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment