Thursday, October 29, 2015

Loving Through Loss: Day 29

EMOTIONAL SUPPORT

photo taken by Sam Grable


It's clear that everyone processes loss differently. For some, they may suppress their feelings to stay strong for others, while someone else may just need to share all their feelings all the time. But one thing I want everyone to know --- don't over worry about bringing it up!

For me, one of my biggest fears was everyone forgetting our baby girl because she would no longer be here physically. So my natural instinct was to want to talk about her all.the.time. However, people's reactions made me hold back. Then something changed... I stopped over worrying about what people would say and just let myself talk about her. And you know what? Friends & family started talking about her more too, which I loved. Although everyone is different when it comes to their feelings, I still believe that trying to talk about someone who has just passed away is worth it. They may not want to talk about it right then, but at least you let them know you were thinking of them.

31 days: Loving Through Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment