Saturday, October 17, 2015

Loving Through Loss: Day 17

ENCOURAGEMENT

photo taken by Sam Grable

Even though we were surrounded by family & friends after we lost Charlotte, all I felt was alone. No one quite understood what we were experiencing. We were empty handed. Heart broken. But through many months of healing, we realized we weren't truly alone - God was sad with us!

I know not everyone is religious, but once I realized that God wasn't doing this TO us, but rather going through it WITH us, I felt a comfort that I can only explain as peace. Sure, we are still sad and long to hold our baby girl again, but knowing God was mourning with us did help. So if you're in the thick of loss, remember you aren't completely alone, even if you feel like it. God is missing your loved one too & wants to comfort you through this loss!


31 days: Loving Through Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment