Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Loving Through Loss: Day 27

GRACE

photo taken by Sam Grable


Let me preface by saying I am a Christian, if that wasn't already obvious. And as I've told many people, I don't think I would have made it through without my faith, but one thing I had to learn to have grace for was people telling me that our loss was "God's plan".

Yes, I believe God has a plan for all of us, but as I've said many times this month, trying to fix or justify loss is almost impossible, especially when someone is in the thick of it. Even three years after losing Charlotte, I still struggle with this because I don't know God's plan, especially when it comes to taking our daughter away from us. As I mentioned on day 17, I believe God is sad with us when we lose a loved one, but it never made me feel better when someone said "this was God's plan." So when it's said... Have grace. Know they mean well. And keep processing on your own terms.

31 days: Loving Through Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment