Saturday, October 3, 2015

Loving Through Loss: Day 3

ENCOURAGEMENT

photo taken by Sam Grable


After we said goodbye to Charlotte, she was all I could think about. Everything reminded me of her. And for a long time, my world revolved around our loss and our feelings, mostly because I couldn't imagine anything worse.

If you're in a season of loss, I want you to know that it's okay to feel like your loss is the only loss. Your feelings are important and should be recognized & honored. Grieve as you feel fit. Mourn as long as you need to. No one can or will know your specific feelings, but they might be able to relate. And if they can't relate, I hope they will give you the space, care, and time to focus on your loss right now.

As time has passed, I have been reminded that while my loss was devastating and unimaginable, other people's losses were important too. A loss is a loss not matter how you look at it, but for the person going through it, it's can be their whole world. Personally, I now try to honor each loss I hear about as if it's the only loss, even if just for the moment.


31 days: Loving Through Loss

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful post and beautiful series. As I read through the first 6 in the series I kept thinking, "wow, this would make an incredible e-book!"

    Thank you for writing such strong, encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete