Thursday, October 22, 2015

Loving Through Loss: Day 22

EMOTIONAL SUPPORT

photo taken by Sam Grable

Have you ever not said something to someone because they might take it the wrong way or you're afraid it might hurt them? When it comes to loss, there are things you shouldn't say, but if you want to say something at all, tell them how much you miss the person they've lost.

I know this really only applies to those who actually knew the person who is no longer here, but for me, this has meant more than any gift I've received. Over the last three years, whenever someone brings up Charlotte's beautiful brown eyes or how easy going she was all.the.time, I beam with pride because it means she touched someone's heart. And when I'm really sad she isn't here, these comments of what people miss take me back to our (short precious) time with her and warm my heart.


31 days: Loving Through Loss

1 comment:

  1. Just came from the BlogHer website. I am sorry for your loss. But this is a great advice. Now I know what I should be saying.

    ReplyDelete