Monday, October 26, 2015

Loving Through Loss: Day 26

TANGIBLE SUPPORT

photo taken by Sam Grable

As Write 31 Days is winding down (last week!), I thought why not go as simple as I can with this week's tangible support tip - listen!

Stay with me... I know listening isn't everyone's forte, but I don't feel like this takes a lot out of someone and ends up meaning so much to the one doing the talking. We've all been there --- when we are in need of sharing our thoughts with someone and usually end up walking away feeling better after we do so. This also applies to helping someone through a loss. One piece of advice: please listen, but don't try to fix it. Nothing you say or do will take away their pain, but simply listening does help.


31 days: Loving Through Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment