Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Loving Through Loss: Day 28

RESOURCES


This week, I wanted to share a few books that have helped me process through our loss, besides the other resources I've already highlighted this month.

Beautiful Battlefields by Bo Stern // Shortly after saying goodbye to Charlotte, a friend mailed me the devotional to this book (thanks Karlee!) and then I found myself purchasing the book almost immediately thereafter because I loved the way Bo approached the hard question, "Where is God in the midst of this?" and found comfort in her answers.

I Will Carry You by Angie Smith // This is another book that was given to me and one I couldn't put down. When I was reading this book, I felt like I was reading every feeling & emotion that I went through as we were informed of Charlotte's diagnosis, our decision to not terminate, and when we met her & said good bye all too soon. Yes, this is about the loss of a child, but Angie's faith throughout the book gives a sense of peace in a season of grief.

Mommy Has An Angel by Natalie Lesnefsky // I've been reading Natalie's blog for years, so when I saw her first mention this children's book she was writing after losing her best friend to domestic violence, I couldn't wait to read it. Now, with Calvin starting to become more interested in books, I find comfort in reading him this story, which Natalie wrote from her daughters' point of view. This is a tearjerker for sure!



31 days: Loving Through Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment